Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Obama's birth certificate


Birth Certificate:

Today we discussed a very heated debate about Obama's birth certificate and SSN. I think the general opinion is that something is fishy but at this point what is the real point? I'm personally glad people are still looking into this and who knows what can be the outcome.

Robberies

We have been seeing a rash of robberies here at desert beach and up at parkside. Mr. Stone got his 3 wheel off road bike stolen in mid day! They opened his gate, backed a truck in and rolled his motor cycle out into the truck and off they went. I was there Monday Morning for the sheriff report. Dale, who was very upset at this ended up saving the day. Later that Monday he was working on my Hummer and all of a sudden got a message in his mind to go to Reyes Market. He got in his car and drove over to the market and there was the motor cycle! He grabbed one of the guys and explained it was stolen. Just then the driver came out with a 18 pack of beer and jumped on the bike and headed out! Dale pursued him, off road into the desert but eventually lost him. He took the other guy back to his house and said someone is going to jail today if I don't get that bike back. The guys wife didn't want to see her husband go back to jail as he was out on parole. Anyway, Dale said if they bring the bike back he will pay a $300 recovery fee. He then went back to where the bike was taken from and waited. Sure enough, they showed up to get the $300! Dale took the keys and told them to take a hike. No fee for stealing the bike and get the heck out of here.... Crazy story.

Another house was broken into on Sunday Morning, I was called by the sheriff as I was a call list. The window was opened and the robber entered into the house. The alarm was going off so they left. I help to secure the house and we got some more security stuff underway for the house. It's obvious that more of these types of thing are going to happen as people leave the desert for the summer. So, we need to form a better neighborhood watch group.

Doomsday Preppers

 I started a new blog to start getting some of the doomsday preppers traffic. Preppers are those individuals that prepare for disasters and we desert rats need to sit up and take notice. I am going to organize a group of us that meet once a month to start getting a group in our community to start preparing for disasters that we might experience here in the desert. We all remember the power outage of last summer and that is just the kind of thing we need to prepare for here in the desert. No water, no power, etc is something we need as a community to organize for. Gas and generators for cooling, wood and propane for cooking, water to drink, etc. is something we should organize. Those who read this email me to to join (Pete Brusso).

 The fire department

Our fire departments front door bell has not been working for some time and we complained that we need the ability to contact them at the station without using a cell phone. One of our members headed up that effort and I'm please to announce that their front door bell now works. So if you need them, like I did and they didn't answer their door, now you can get them to help you.

Foam in the windows

I decided to take Phil's tack this year and put 2" aluminum foil foam in my windows to help with my cooling bill this year. I know intellectually that this should help but yesterday I experienced the real difference and I was very impressed at what a difference it makes. We got to 89 yesterday and my house sat at 76 all day long without any cooling.

Golfing

I got my golfing site up and rocking last week as the spring golfing season is starting. For all your golfers out there please visit my site at vision1golf.com.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment